If your heat pump is making loud noises, it could be a sign that something is wrong with your unit. In some cases, the noise may be due to a simple issue like loose screws or debris in the fan. However, it could also be a sign of a major problem, such as a compressor failure.
If you’re unsure of what’s causing the noise, it’s best to call Delta T Heating and Cooling for a technician for heat pump repair in Kansas City. We have been providing heating and cooling services to the area for more than 20 years. In addition, we have licensed and highly skilled heat pump technicians who can help diagnose and repair your heat pump.
Reasons That Your Heat Pump Is Making Loud Noises
Here are some causes of heat pump noises:
- Loose screws or debris in the fan: If you hear rattling or banging noises, it could be due to loose screws or debris in the fan. It is usually an easy problem to fix, and you may be able to do it yourself.
- Compressor failure: If you hear a loud humming noise, it could be a sign that the compressor is failing. It is a serious problem that will require professional heat pump repair. Contact Delta T Heating and
- Cooling for an HVAC contractor in Kansas City.
- Dirty coils: If you hear a hissing noise, it could be due to dirty coils. For the best coil cleaning service, call us today.
- Worn-out bearings: If you hear a grinding noise, it could be a sign that the bearings are worn out. This is a serious problem that requires professional heat pump repair in Kansas City.
If you’re unsure what’s causing the noise, it’s best to call Delta T Heating and Cooling for a heating repair in Kansas City. Our expert technicians will be able to diagnose the problem and recommend the best course of action.
Ways To Reduce Heat Pump Noise
There are a few ways to reduce the noise of heat pumps which are as follows:
- Replace Fan and Motor: One way to reduce heat pump noise is by replacing the fan and motor.
- Sound Dampening Insulation: Another way to reduce heat pump noise is by adding sound-dampening insulation. It will help to absorb the noise and make it less noticeable.
- Installation of Compressor Sound Blanket Wraps: It may be necessary to install compressor sound blanket wraps. It will help to reduce the noise of the compressor.
- Replace The Unit: In some cases, you may need to replace the heat pump unit. It is a major decision, and you should consult with the experts at Delta T Heating and Cooling before making a final decision.
Though you can find DIY tutorials on the internet, we recommend hiring a professional heat pump repair company to do all the above tasks as it requires technical expertise to complete them safely and efficiently. In Kansas City, we are the right choice for you.
If you decide to replace your noisy heat pump, technicians at Delta T Heating and Cooling can help you choose the best heat pump for your home or business. We have a wide selection of heat pumps from leading manufacturers. Contact us today to learn more about our heating services in Kansas City.